Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Big Gaping Hole In My Face Has A Big Gaping Hole In It

I just had "crown lengthening surgery" yesterday. Yeah, my endontist works on a saturday... and is from Transylvania apparently ("hey don't make an appointment for Oct. 31, that's our national holiday and I can't be trusted!" wacka wacka)...
It was weird and I was very nevous going in. It's not that I actually THINK I'll be in any pain or that ANYTHING bad could possibly happen. My brain is just fine with the entire thing. It's my cortisol levels that over react and go through the roof causing my body to tremble and me to cry for no reason. So when Dr. Vlad asked me, "What's the matter?" All I could do was sob and say, "Nothing! You're a very nice nice doctor!" Ungh... this is me after a dose of lorazepam. Whoever I inherited my central nervous system from should rot in hell for this.
Then instead of recuperating and spending the day watching old reruns of monster movies and Road to Avonlea, I spent 8 hours scoring and preparing a WISC/WIAT. Today I will write it up, probably while at work, while I also prepare a powerpoint presentation of my proposed reserach that I forgot I have to do on Monday.
I am really glad that my face doesn't hurt because apparently this kind of procedure can leave a person swollen up for days and in a lot of pain. But I seem to be doing just fine, as long as I keep to soft foods (Fillet Mignon Smoothies?). But I still have a ton of work to do and feel stressed out of my gourd.
Oh well. Nothing I can do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once drank a Big Mac...

PS in BC

Anonymous said...

owie owie owie!

Well, hold off on the owies then.
And the stress, well, i hope it's over soon.

*hugs*

Niz