Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Help Yourself

There is a sign outside on of the classrooms here that simply reads: HELP YOURSELF. Now usually, there is a pile of outdated textbooks and journals there. But today there is nothing. Just the sign.

I feel like it is speaking directly to me. Like that road sign in that Steve Martin movie...

Help yourself, Psyche.

Sigh... I'm such a mess. I lost my wallet last night for the second time this year. It's been like I've just been itching to lose it. I take it out of my coat when I use the bathroom so that I can leave my coat in a waiting room or classroom and not worry about the wallet getting stolen. But then I forget to bring the wallet with me out of the bathroom. So far I caught myself and went running back to find my wallet about 3 or 4 times in a week. And yesterday, my luck ran out.

No wallet.

No bankcard.

No ID.

No school ID.

No money.

No husband (he was away at a business event).

And a big presentation in less than half an hour and no way to print out my slides or notes, or the two page hand out I'm supposed to give to the class. So I'm praying for charity. I just don't need this right now.

I'm also fighting a sore throat/cold. I can't get it until Monday though as I have a scheduled assessment in the community to do a cognitive battery (sounds meaner than it is) with a child. I booked mine early so I wouldn't get caught up in trying to schedule around other people needing the tests and camera... so there is NO WAY I am rescheduling this. I don't care if I'm so sick that my arm falls off, I'm doing it!

So no sickies. Pray that someone turns in my wallet today. And hell, just pray for Psyche. She can analyze herself to pieces but she needs to learn to HELP herself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. You've not been having a good go of it lately.

I'm so empathetic to you. I wish I could help, But I can give hugs, and just tell you I love you, and I miss you so.

How's the wrist? getting worse?

Niz