Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Today And Still No End In Sight

I admit that I've not been writing so much because I've been under the assumption that all of my posts must be high calibre writing to impress. But a good friend of mine kindly got some sense into me and I've dropped that ridiculous notion. Write because you enjoy writing. Blog because you want your friends to know what you're up to. Ignore jerks who criticize you and don't have the deceny to even tell you who they are.

Well done and well spoken. I hereby cast of the shackles of my oppressor!

Here's my news.

There is no end in sight for this strike. If things are not resolved by tomorrow, then we will not be going back to class until at least the new year. So more forced vacation. But it's okay. I'm relaxing in to it. I've also heard back from C*** that they are going to make good on my strike pay... so huzzah! I need to plug it into the debt hole, of course, but huzzah nonetheless.

I'm trying to work a bit more during the strike at the old org. Sigh... it's okay because I'm not full time here and have a very relaxed attitude towards everything. But I still don't LOVE it. I guess I need more absence to make my heart grow fonder. But I could use the money, so we'll see what happens. Oh, and for those of you who know me well, I'll be on that TV show I used to be on a lot this Monday from about 3:30 - 6:30 again. Talking about holiday stress with the youngin's! That's something I am looking forward too. Oh, and I'm picking up a new rolling pin from a freecycler right afterwards. What a time to be alive!

I guess I don't have a ton to do, but I still feel busy. I finally have a research project doing an environmental scan for a networks centre of excellence, and I'm prepping a manuscript for publication. Also super exciting. Since it's mostly my work. If I got published at this early stage of my career I would just be over the moon. I'm not holding my breath, but I am hopeful.

Other than that, I suppose I should actually do my assignments that would be due if the strike gets called off. And just get ready for holiday insanity. My sweetheart and I are going to barricade ourselves in with a bunch of MST3Ks and food and enjoy.

Despite not having anything to do, I'm really looking forward to having someone to do all that nothing with. I've been very lonely since school started, and moreso since the strike came on. And yet, I find myself so busy all the time. So here's to a season of creature comforts and delightful creatures to enjoy them with.

Psyche.

1 comment:

LizB said...

just hugs.

I'd say more, but i don't think i could.

:P