Sunday, October 3, 2010

In Reference To References

I forget to mention something. When the faculty asked to rework the scholarship application, I had to get my references to rewrite their letters. They both agreed and I gave them the changes and the timeline. I also got the head of the department to contact them to impress upon them the importance of this being done in a timely manner. You see, they have to upload the letters to a website, and only then can I go in and validate the application and make sure the page numbers are correct.

Did I mention all of this has to be done by 8am tomorrow? Oh, and that I'm basically managing a giant TON of family illness stress and looking after my husband and FIL as they await news of their mother/wife's possibly untimely mortality?

Yeah, I've been up a lot lately, worrying and trying not to worry so much, and I WANT TO GO TO BED. So hurry the fuck up, Dr. Reference#2! I'm waiting on you to do your letter so I can go crash and mentally prepare for what might be an incredibly difficult day tomorrow. You've had a week to freaking do this... why must I white-knuckle to the very end? I do not trust myself to wake up on time, nor the application website to function tomorrow morning, so make with the positive yak yak and let's go for fuck's sake, shall we?

No comments: