Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Isn't It Weird?

I haven't been this tired since I started my own theatre company in high-school, wrote and directed plays, put whole shows together, rented halls, and had a nightly audience. Right now, I would say that I am so tired...

"How tired are you?"

I am so tired that I could throw up into my own mouth and not have enough energy to spit it out.

And now that I've grossed you out, on to the post.

My computer died. I think I mentioned that little gadget is no more, shuffed off this mortal coil and gone to join the choir invisible. The hole she has left in my life, and the rocks that now live in my lower back, are immense. I'm back to using littleboy... my old laptop. My old, 7 1/2 lb plus cord laptop. If I were a mom, I'd be asking myself how on earth I ever pushed this thing out. Do you see? Can you tell how tired I am considering the "natural" birth of a laptop?

What I am trying to get to here is that I've successfully conquered two hurdles put in front of me since losing gadget. A major presentation and a ginormous stats assignment. Hee hee. I like calling them "STATSASS#." Statsass4 is out of the way... I don't know if my explanation of why error terms are different for different F tests in a mixed design ANOVA made any sense, but it's done. What I'm saying is it is DONE and we don't have to discuss it anymore! And I can't anyway, because the explanation was in a file on my stoopid newer old laptop.

I'm coping with the missing data, but moreso, I just miss gadget. She was too beautiful for this world... so light and bright blue... a 6 hour battery in such a small frame. She fit in my PURSE dammit! And now al I have is this lunking, bulky first born dragging me down and sending me to the chiropractor twice a week. I need a gym membership just so my laptop doesn't throw out my back from carrying it in my knapsack.

Sigh...

This isn't my best writing.

Did I mention how tired I was? Oh, right, the vomit joke. Sorry about that.

1 comment:

LizB said...

heh.

ewwww


heh heh