Saturday, February 18, 2012

One More Thing

I fell at practicum the other day. It was just after 5 and most people had already fled Dr. House's evil sanitorium. I had been summoned and dismissed, just walked out of his office. Then I stepped in a puddle of mopwater and went down like an incredibly graceful ton of bricks. Got nice bruise on my thigh and another one on my ego to match.

Dr. House saw it. Just went back into his office.

Another intern came and helped me up.

About ten minutes later, Dr. House comes into my office under the pretense of leaving something for my deskmate.

Dr. House: Did you fall?
Me: Yes and rather gracefully I might add.
Dr. House: Why?
Me: I slipped in a puddle of water.
Dr. House: What kind of water?
My brain: I'm fine, by the way, Asshole.
My mouth: Seriously? How many kinds of water do you keep in this place? Mop water.
Dr. House: Oh. [Leaves]

This is why I have the Conan phantasy about cutting his head off with the sword of Crom. It's so great that I'm a psychodynamicist by nature and we think it's healthy to acknowledge the shadow side of our phantasies, isn't it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Phantasy"? Is The Husband making you read H. P. Lovecraft or something? :)