Monday, December 6, 2010

The Wa-a-aiting Is The Hardest Part

OMG. Defending in less than two days. Mock oral went well according to those who were there, however, I do not feel great about it. It was so bloody AVERAGE. Sigh. I just want it to be over with! I want to be DEFENDED DONE.

It's such a military term, isn't it? And all of the horror stories I've heard from others mixed with the tales of underwhelming-ness just combine to make me terrified and bored at the same time. How is that even possible?

Well it just is.

I'd better become more coherent if I'm going to pull this off.

Plan for countdown:

Right now - wait for sleep and sleep hard
Wake up late - get up when I feel like it
Lounge about the computer, reviewing presenation and practicing answers to anticipated questions
Personal training session in late afternoon
Epsom salt bath
Wine and early to bed (emergency sleeping pill available if needed)
Get up early, eat healthy breakfast, try not to vomit
Ride to school with Dr. Supervisor
Bribe committee members with homemade lemon butter cookies
Defend
Lunch with Dr. Supervisor
Faint
Accept scotch from loving supporters

(Contact Mr. Husband for deets on the after "party" -- more of a brief therapy session with booze.)

Over.

No comments: